The Video Mode are offering visitors a free online supplement, where you can learn all about the art of shooting video with your DSLR ‘Master Video With Your DSLR’.
‘Master Video With Your DSLR’ supplement guides you through the key stages of planning, shooting and editing videos and is packed with handy hints and tips so you can quickly hone your DSLR skills to produce pro-style videos. Even if you’ve never shot video before with your DSLR you can quickly learn almost everything you need to know to plan and produce your videos.
The free-to-view supplement includes:
- A guide to the basics of shooting video with a DSLR, which tells you all you need to know about resolution, frame rates, formats and more.
- The lowdown on how to expose for video shooting and the key factors you need to take into consideration.
- All about audio – we explain how you can capture quality audio to accompany your video footage with an in-depth look and at microphones and external audio recorders.
- 21 Top Tips for shooting video, from storytelling to shots lists and focusing to storing and saving footage… our expert tips will prove invaluable for your video shooting.
- Info and advice on the choice of supports your camera for shooting video to ensure your footage is steady and sharp at all times.
- Technique tricks for using your tripod to add ‘creative punch’ to your shoots.
The essentials for editing and exporting footage, how to easily edit 4K video on older computer and a step-by-step guide to editing 4K video using Adobe Premiere software.
There’s also news and details of the 2017 Amateur Filmmaker of the Year competition, which has over £13,000 worth of superb Canon video making equipment to be won, with prizes for each of the contest’s three rounds and a superb overall prize worth over £4,500.
To access your free guide, visit www.thevideomode.com/mastervideo