Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Lenses is a lightweight, compact, fast standard zoom lens featuring a true wide angle is designed exclusively for digital SLR cameras, expanding the product concept of the popular SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical IF zoom lens.Two years after that lens was launched as the standard for lightweight, compact, fast standard zoom lenses, it remains highly popular with advanced amateur and professional photographers alike. Now Tamron unveils unveiled a new design for fast standard zoom lenses used exclusively for digital SLR cameras that covers the easy to use angles of view: the focal length is equivalent to 26-78mm when converted to a 35mm format. In particular, the wide-angle focal length is established at 17mm (26mm equivalent) to obtain a wider angle of view than ordinary standard zoom lenses, while maintaining the remarkably lightweight and compact size of the earlier full-frame zoom lens model.
- Lightweight, compact fast standard zoom designed exclusively for digital SLRs, with 17mm wide-angle coverage
- Optical system uses special glass, and is optimised for digital SLR characteristics to enhance optical quality in a compact design
- Revolutionary minimum focus distance of 27cm (10.6”) over the entire zoom range provides a 1:4.5 macro capability
- Enhanced peripheral illumination
- Outstanding resolution
Model no .
Angle of view
(APS-C size equivalent)
16 elements in 13 groups
Minimum focus distance
0.27m (10.6in.) over entire zoom range
Maximum magn. ratio
1:4.5 (at f=50mm, MFD 0.27m)
7 (circular aperture)
Diameter x length)
Ø2.9 in. x 3.2 in.
434g (15.3 oz)*
Flower-shaped Lens Hood DA09
In the Box
- Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II LD Lenses - Canon Mount (A16E)